1. To popularise science and technology for the benefit of students and for the common man.
2. To portray the growth of science and technology and their application in industry and human welfare, with a view to develop scientific attitude and temper and to create, inculcate and sustain a general awareness amongst the people.
3. To encourage science education, communication and technology transfer.
4. To promote higher education in mathematics and its applications.
5. To encourage application oriented research in the field of Basic & Applied Sciences.
6. To promote and encourage Biotechnology education, research, start-up, skill & entrepreneurship development.
7. To encourage investment in Biotech-Industry, Park and clusters.
8. To promote use of new and renewable energy sources.
9. To promote integrated use of space and information technology in development planning and decision making.
10. To create awareness among the people in Astronomy, Astrophysics and Space Sciences.
11. To provide financial support to Institutions/ Organizations to conduct Seminars/ Workshops/ Science competitions/ Science Exhibitions etc.
12. To provide financial support to Scientists/ Academicians of the State to participate in National and International Conferences for cross learning.