The Government in Science & Technology Department have constituted a Society named “Odisha State Council on Science & Technology (OSCOST)” to implement various schemes and programmes of Science & Technology Department. The Odisha State Council on Science & Technology (OSCOST) is functioning within the administrative control of Science & Technology Department, Government of Odisha. The aims and objectives of the Council is to promote science education, research & development, science communication, propagation of scientific temper and attitude among the people of the State and disseminate scientific knowledge in the society to help eliminating the conditions of backwardness, unemployment and poverty through application of science & technology resources.
Authorities of the Council:
- General Council
- Executive Council
- Project Management Council
- Functioning of State Council
- District Science Centre
- Establishment of Planetarium & Museums
Activists / Programs:
- Scholarship for students to pursue Masters in basic and applied sciences.
- Fellowship (Biju Pattnaik Research Fellowship) for students to pursue PhD in basic & applied sciences.
- Financial assistance to Government Colleges/ autonomous Colleges/ State Universities for holding seminars / symposia/ conferences/ workshops
- Financial Support R&D projects
- Travel Grant to academicians/ scientists to give oral presentation on National/ International Conferences/ Seminars/ Workshops/ Symposia etc.
- UNESCO-Kal inga Prize (A joint programme of GoI, State and UNESCO)
- Popularization of Science & Technology/ publicity
- Establishment of District Science Centers/Parks, Planetarium and Museums in the State.